Terrirst on New Delhi station

Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Riyaz Ahmed arrested from New Delhi railway station.

2 minutes, 12 seconds Read

New Delhi: In a significant operation marked by cooperation and vigilance, authorities at the New Delhi Railway Station Police Station apprehended Riyaz Ahmed Rather, a member of the Pakistani terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba operating in Kupwara, Jammu and Kashmir.

With directives from Lashkar higher-ups in Pakistan, Riyaz Ahmed Rather played a pivotal role in facilitating the procurement of arms and ammunition from across the Line of Control (LoC). Having previously served in the army, he transitioned into Lashkar’s ranks after retiring a few years back.

DCP Railway KPS Malhotra disclosed that Riyaz Ahmed Rather hails from New Gabra village, Tehsil Karnah, District Kupwara, Jammu and Kashmir. Allegations suggest his involvement alongside Khurshid Ahmed Rather and Ghulam Sarwar Rather in the orchestrated scheme to acquire weapons from across the LoC.

The apprehension of Riyaz Ahmed Rather follows a recent joint operation by Jammu and Kashmir Police and the Army, resulting in the arrest of five terrorists. Information relayed from Jammu and Kashmir Police prompted the New Delhi Railway Station Police to act swiftly. The joint operation led to the recovery of five AK-47 rifles, five magazines, and 16 cartridges, among other damning evidence.

Authorities at the Karnah police station registered a case under various sections, including those pertaining to criminal conspiracy and the Indian Arms Act.

The recovered arms and ammunition were traced back to Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives based in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), namely Manzoor Ahmed Shaikh alias Shakoor and Qazi Mohammad Khushal. Both were orchestrating operations from across the border. During interrogation, it was revealed that Riyaz Ahmed Rather had traveled to Delhi by train.

The diligent efforts of Police Station Head Vishwanath Paswan, along with officers SI Naseeb Singh, ASI Yadram, Sushil, Havildar Jaiveer, and Gaurav, led to the successful tracking of Riyaz Ahmed near New Delhi Railway Station. Despite his attempt to evade capture, the vigilant police team swiftly apprehended him.

During questioning, Riyaz Ahmed Rather disclosed that he had traveled from Jabalpur on the Mahakoshal Express alongside his associate Altaf, reaching Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station before making his way to New Delhi Railway Station. His intentions to flee to another location were foiled by the timely intervention of law enforcement.

Riyaz Ahmed Rather stands accused of receiving a shipment of arms and ammunition from Khurshid Ahmed Rather, while Yusuf Rather and Ghulam Sarwar Rather have already been arrested by Jammu and Kashmir Police. Both Riyaz Ahmed and his comrade Altaf retired from the Indian Army on January 31, 2023.

A mobile phone and a SIM card were seized from Riyaz Ahmed’s possession. He has been arrested under applicable laws, with the concerned police station in Jammu and Kashmir duly informed for further legal proceedings.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *